Binge drinking is the practice of consuming large quantities of alcohol in a single session. It is suggested that one should not consume more than the lower risk guidelines i.e 3-4 units of alcohol for men (equivalent to a pint and a half of 4% beer) and 2-3 units of alcohol for women (equivalent to a 175 ml glass of wine). in a day.
Short Term –
- Memory loss
- Accidents – One becomes highly prone to accidents and falls as the body loses control and coordination.
- Alcohol poisoning – In extreme and rare cases, overdosing on alcohol can stop you breathing or stop your heart, or you could choke on
Long Term –
- Affects your mood and your memory.
- Can lead to serious mental health problems like Depression and anxiety.
- Significant damage to the brain and liver.
- Can cause high blood pressure which can leads to heart problems.
We suggest one should stick to the guidelines, check out our earlier blog on moderation http://www.iswai.in/what-is-moderation/.